I Heart Kevin Barnes
Jul. 13th, 2007 08:21 amWho the Hell is Kevin Barnes? He's the creative genius behind the band Of Montreal.
This band, believe it or not, somehow managed to make a big pile of change by selling one of their melodies to evil empire Outback Steakhouse "let's go outback tonight.." is really a song called Wraith Pinned to the Mist and Other Games
I can't really describe Of Montreal because they're so weird and wonderful and inspired by all sorts of stuff from 60's psychedelia to 70's funk/disco/pop, to new wave and well.. I just adore the lead singer because he's SUCH a dork and writes such cute, clever songs.
So Kevin Barnes evidently went through a really bad breakup recently. Like many of us who go through Bad Shit (TM), he had a serious battle with depression. This song...called Heimdalsgate Like A Promethean Curse.. is about his experiences trying to deal with the "chemicals" in his brain being all fucked up.
I swear to DOG .. some of you (I see you,
nminusone) will find this particular comical.
Here's a wikipedia entry about this song: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Heimdalsgate_Like_a_Promethean_Curse There's a link at the bottom to a page with the lyrics
So here's the video: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5VeIL7juFE0
The video WILL make you smile.. it will also make you say "What the.....???!"
Do not fear the skinny man in the white leotard. For that is Kevin Barnes and he is nerdtacular.
This band, believe it or not, somehow managed to make a big pile of change by selling one of their melodies to evil empire Outback Steakhouse "let's go outback tonight.." is really a song called Wraith Pinned to the Mist and Other Games
I can't really describe Of Montreal because they're so weird and wonderful and inspired by all sorts of stuff from 60's psychedelia to 70's funk/disco/pop, to new wave and well.. I just adore the lead singer because he's SUCH a dork and writes such cute, clever songs.
So Kevin Barnes evidently went through a really bad breakup recently. Like many of us who go through Bad Shit (TM), he had a serious battle with depression. This song...called Heimdalsgate Like A Promethean Curse.. is about his experiences trying to deal with the "chemicals" in his brain being all fucked up.
I swear to DOG .. some of you (I see you,
Here's a wikipedia entry about this song: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Heimdalsgate_Like_a_Promethean_Curse There's a link at the bottom to a page with the lyrics
So here's the video: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5VeIL7juFE0
The video WILL make you smile.. it will also make you say "What the.....???!"
Do not fear the skinny man in the white leotard. For that is Kevin Barnes and he is nerdtacular.
